Tired of the same old brownies recipe? I know it’s a stretch, but we cannot live by chocolate alone. Lala says she needs Oreo cookies, too! Some people even need mint. Lala, not so much. At least not until she met these Mint Oreo Brownies. Now she’s not so sure as this chocolate goodness combines the best of everything. For everyone! Chocolate awesomeness, Oreos, AND mint!
Mint Oreo Brownies?!
These are delicious chewy brownies with a mint cookie surprise in every bite!
I had fun creating this recipe with my daughter, Stinky Bubbles. It was her turn to make treat for family home evening. Which meant I had to help her come up with a treat. And help her make it. She decided she wanted to make brownies. I didn’t want to make regular brownies. So, I thought, “How about a couple of stir in ideas to fancy them up a bit?” Unfortunately, we couldn’t agree on anything! I tried suggesting cookies, but Stinky Bubbles didn’t want cookies. Finally, after looking around a bit, I saw that we had some Chocolate Mint Oreos sitting around. I thought that chewy chocolate brownies with Chocolate Mint Oreos sounded pretty good. And she agreed! So, we decided to try to make up a recipe. It was an unqualified success! This dessert turned out delicious, and even more importantly, was a big hit with the family. Everyone enjoyed. My husband doesn’t really like the taste of mint. He had seconds!
These are quick and easy to make. Even more importantly, you can use fresh ground wheat to make them. When I made these, I used hard white wheat that I ground on the pastry setting, and it worked perfectly.
I hope you try this recipe so you too can enjoy this perfectly, delicious, easy to make treat!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25-30 minutes|
- 1 c Butter melted
- 1 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 T Vanilla
- 3/4 t Baking Powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2/3 c Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 c White Whole Wheat Flour freshly ground (2/3 c wheat berries = 1 c flour)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the melted butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt, and cocoa.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined. Spread 1/2 the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Place Oreo cookies on top of batter.
- Carefully pour the remaining batter on top of the cookies and spread out to cover them.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 24 brownies