Do you like donuts? But think they would be too time consuming to make? Or cooking them in oil is way too much fat? If so, fear not! Not all donuts take long amounts of time and are filled with heaps of unhealthy fat. Instead try these, my Cinnamon Sugar Donuts – Muffin Style!
Kids in the Kitchen
My kids love to cook with me. And I really enjoy teaching them how to cook. Lately, Hungry has been wanting to cook a lot more. She loves trying new things and coming up with new recipes that she creates all on her own. (We will be sharing some of her recipes soon!) And this past couple of weeks she has even been trying to teach her little sister how to cook. It’s super cute!!
Donuts – Covered in a mouth watering cinnamon/sugar mixture!
Today I am going to share the recipe with you that my daughters made for breakfast the other morning. Stinky Bubbles and Hungry made cinnamon sugar doughnut muffins. They were so delicious! These donuts are a soft, buttery muffin, rolled in cinnamon and sugar. They can be made for breakfast, a snack. Or even dessert, you just need to add some ice cream! Think of it, warm cinnamon sugary goodness coupled with delicious melting vanilla ice cream. Could be next to heaven!
As a side note, the girls made these all on their own! All I did was find the recipe for them (If you want to find the original recipe, go ahead and go here to the Salty Marshmallow!).
They had a lot of fun making these muffins. I loved watching the girls make them and taking pictures ( OK, I guess I did more since I also the pictures!). And everyone enjoyed eating them!
I hope you can make these and enjoy them with your family too!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Butter Melted and Cooled
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs. Add the milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. (I would check them at 15 minutes) Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- For the topping: In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. In another small bowl melt the 5 Tablespoons of butter.
- Dip the muffins into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.